Friday, July 20, 2007

I Guess I'm The Only One Curbing His Driving Habits....

Funny, my car stays in the driveway every freakin weekend because I can't afford to randomly drive around with reckless financial abandon. My drives to work are timed out nightmares to run all errands so I don't do any unnecessary traveling. I shop for groceries on the way home and drop off mail so I don't have to go anywhere during the day. What the hell is the rest of America doing?
The “average” American claims they would “curb their driving habits” if gas prices rose above $3.50. Forty percent of people responding to a survey conducted by Reuters said $3.50 would be that magic price at which U.S. consumers suddenly change their ways and start riding bicycles.
Nineteen percent said “get real”… no matter how high prices climb, the country will not curtail consumption. Having been stuck in traffic on the Peripherique outside of Paris on numerous occasions, we’d be inclined to agree with the 19%. If you do the math, gas is roughly $6.90 a gallon in Paris… the French love their cars all the same.

No comments: